With the Google App Store and Apple store both containing over 2 million applications each, it can be hard to get noticed without a plan and a product that stands out from the crowd.
But how do you get customers and keep them? In this post, we will show you how to engage your customers and build a good mobile app.
Keep reading to learn seven tips that will help your app stand out.
1. Good User InterfaceTools today have made creating beautiful applications more accessible than ever. Consumers expect it now, so there is no reason to push out a half-finished product that doesn't look the part.
When you publish an ugly application, it will stop many people from downloading your app. Why would someone give you a chance when the next application in the list looks better and is easier to use?
Make sure to study best practices to learn what does and doesn't work for UI design. By using these designs with the right strategy, you can set your application apart from the competition.
2. Focus on SimplicityMobile users aren't typically looking for a long, complicated process when using their apps. They are looking for something simple to use and will solve a problem.
By keeping your application simple, you are providing value to your user and giving them an incentive to continue using it and rate it highly, giving you a better ranking in the app stores.
If you can't explain what your app does in one sentence, you may need to work on focusing your product.
3. A Personalized ExperienceLet's face it - a lot of apps out there today do the same thing.
When you give your users a chance to customize their experience you are providing a level of interaction that isn't found everywhere.
You can tailor the user experience based on their location, preferences, and behavior. Once you have this data, you can then use it to help predict preferences of similar users and give them the content they want from the start.
Expanding that interaction with social media can also help that personal experience. When you engage with your fans online, you aren't only giving them a unique experience, but making fans for life.
4. Provide a Way to Receive FeedbackYou can't fix a problem that you don't know exists. When you provide a way for users to contact you about concerns, you can stay ahead of the game.
When you listen to your customer about their problems and desires to give them what they want they become more loyal. It's a simple thing, but it can lead to big gains.
5. Push NotificationsPeople live busy lives and will sometimes forget that your app exists. If you aren't using push notifications to re-engage with your users, you are losing a lot of retention and potential future sales.
Research into analytics has shown that retention increases by 88% when you make use of notifications.
6. AnalyticsYou shouldn't publish your mobile app without the ability to track analytics.
When you have tracking data, you can see what content in your app the users are engaging with and enjoy. With this, you can offer more of what people like to keep them engaged and available to buy your products.
7. User-Friendly AdsThe internet used to be plastered with ads. Eventually, users got tired of them. Surveys show that 40% of laptops use some sort kind of ad blocking.
You can't get away with lousy advertising anymore. If you want to use ads and sell inside your product, then you have to present them in a way that doesn't annoy your users. Make sure your ads are user-friendly and add to the value of your application.
Don't Let a Good Mobile App Fade AwayMaking a good mobile app takes time and patience. You might not get it right the first time. But, by following these simple tips, you can produce a useful application that makes sales.
We know it isn't easy to get your app moving in the right direction. Contact us today to see how we can help!
Get in touch