Converting Four Drupal 7 Websites Into One Drupal 8 Website
The requirement was to redesign and convert four websites which were on Drupal 7 into one on the latest Drupal 8 framework while keeping existing site...
- The client wanted to combine four different websites into one and convert them from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8.
- We were asked to maintain SEO ranks in Google intact. The biggest challenge was not to lose the SEO ranking after combining all the four websites.
- Client wanted to increase the user traffic on the new website.
- The important part was also to import all the data from the four websites into the new website by keeping all URLs structure as it is.
- We created scripts to import data from existing sites to new site as Drupal migration module import partial data only.
- We implemented Ubercart Drupal 8 module to convert client's separate existing eCommerce website, which was one of the four websites into the new one.
- We redesigned the look and feel of the website, made it more user friendly and responsive.
- We rewrite all the rules in .htaccess to redirect user from existing domain to new domain/pages, without SEO of the website getting affected.
- The client is getting more user traffic on the new website.
- Conversion ratio has doubled on the new website.
- We are working on introducing subscription based system in the new website.
- Post the subscription module is ready, we will be starting work on the mobile app for both, Android and iOS users.
- We are working on SEO to increase users traffic and improve conversion ratio.
- PHP Drupal 8 CMS Framework
- Pantheon.io hosted solution
- Git version control system
- Drupal 8 Ecommerce Ubercart module
- HTML5, Materialize css
Let's get acquainted
Do you have everything it takes to transform your existence in the world of the web? Well, that’s why we are here, the white label web agency to be your guide. Make us a part of your core team and enjoy the reign of hits and wows. Be our Guest.Click now for free estimate