The requirement was to redesign and convert four websites which were on Drupal 7 into one on the latest Drupal 8 framework while keeping existing site's SEO intact.
- The client wanted to combine four different websites into one and convert them from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8.
- We were asked to maintain SEO ranks in Google intact. The biggest challenge was not to lose the SEO ranking after combining all the four websites.
- Client wanted to increase the user traffic on the new website.
- The important part was also to import all the data from the four websites into the new website by keeping all URLs structure as it is.
- We created scripts to import data from existing sites to new site as Drupal migration module import partial data only.
- We implemented Ubercart Drupal 8 module to convert client's separate existing eCommerce website, which was one of the four websites into the new one.
- We redesigned the look and feel of the website, made it more user friendly and responsive.
- We rewrite all the rules in .htaccess to redirect user from existing domain to new domain/pages, without SEO of the website getting affected.
- The client is getting more user traffic on the new website.
- Conversion ratio has doubled on the new website.
- We are working on introducing subscription based system in the new website.
- Post the subscription module is ready, we will be starting work on the mobile app for both, Android and iOS users.
- We are working on SEO to increase users traffic and improve conversion ratio.
- PHP Drupal 8 CMS Framework
- Pantheon.io hosted solution
- Git version control system
- Drupal 8 Ecommerce Ubercart module
- HTML5, Materialize css