1. Misunderstanding of Client requirementsMisunderstanding of the client requirements is one the most common problem in the website development process which causes an introduction of defects in the code. The misunderstanding can happen at different levels like requirement gathering, requirement documentation, requirement-to-implementation translation etc. Product Manager has an idea of what all the requirements or features should look like and how it should behave, but if those requirements or features are not understood properly by developers and testers, the final product might not be as expected. The client requirements should be communicated clearly by project owners to all team members so that all the team members have the same level of understanding.
2. Unrealistic Project DeadlinesIt is more often that websites are developed under unrealistic time-line and due to deadlines QA team also did not get enough time for testing to implement all the test-cases. Many of the times developers do not get enough time to develop or test their code before passing it over to the testing team. So developing and testing the website in unrealistic project deadlines make impact in the quality of the website or cause to introduce the bugs or defects in the application. It is not that the people are not intelligent; it is just that they don't have enough time to think.
3. Lack of Design skillsDesign is the main core part to start development of any website and it decides the overall website development. Currently in website development, sometimes the software is so complex so design requires some level of research to reach a reliable solution. Sometimes it is also complicated to understand the problems. Team Members have to complete the project in a specific time period sometimes, so designing, development & testing a website in specific period time set may cause the defects or bugs.
4. Poor Development knowledgeCoding plays an important role in website development process. No incentive is provided for developers to write their code clear, understandable and maintainable by management in many organizations. It is very difficult to maintain and modify code that is badly written or poorly documented which causes bugs or defects. Improper coding means errors, unhandled exceptions or improper validations of inputs. Sometimes few developers are working with bad tools like compilers, validators, faulty debuggers, these add errors in the development because debugging the code will be tricky.
5. Lack of software testing skillsThere can be lack of knowledge of skilled testing which causes bugs or defects in the system. For experienced test engineer, it is easy to find common bugs in websites or applications. Sometimes tester is not paying concentration in testing & doing testing without giving much importance or focus to it, so it leads poor quality of the product & major bugs or defects remains in the website. Also some people argue that poor testing do not produce bugs or errors in website, but actually they do. Poor testing can leave the website in a buggy state. Also there can be shortcomings in the testing process that are followed in organizations.
6. Last minute changes in requirementClient changes in requirement which are made to designing, development, platform can be dangerous, especially if they are being made at the last minutes of a project release. Actions like redesign, redevelopment, rescheduling of engineers, work already completed that may have to be rework and if done quickly due to a last minute changes may causes errors in the website. If there are known and unknown dependencies among parts of the website, many minor changes or any major changes, are likely to interact and leads problems, and the complexity of coordinating changes may produce bugs or errors.
In this business environments, requirements are being modified or changed very quickly and in this case, organization management must have to understand the resulting risks, and test engineers must have to adapt and plan for continuous extensive testing to keep the unavoidable bugs from running out of control.
Nikeeta Solanki, Fresher QA August InfotechRelated Blog
Get in touch
Our Website Address